Original guided tours to visit Marseille
So many things to see in Marseille and generally so little time to do it ! If you want to optimize your stay in Marseille and see as many things as possible in a short period – and without running around all day ! -, discover a few ideas of original guided tours in Marseille.
– A Tuk Tuk tour around Marseille : Enjoy a 1 or 2 hours guided tour around Marseillein a little Tuk Tuk car.Audio comments are available in French and English. Departure in front of the Office du Tourisme et des Congrés of Marseille (4 La Canebière, 13001 Marseille). Price : 55€.
– City Tour Marseille: this circuit is auto guided in 8 languages on board of a cabriolet minibus. It passes by Marseille’s most famous places : the Vieux Port, the Kennedy Corniche, Notre Dame de la Garde, the Longchamp Palace… The visit lasts 2h for a full price of 18€ and a reduced rate of 9€.
Departure every day at 10h30, 14h30 and 17h30 on the Canebière in front of the Palais de la Bourse.
– Visit Marseille on a ricksaw (pousse-pousse in French) : an original and ecological solution to visit Marseille Provence 2013 infrastructure such as the Pavillon M on the Vieux Port, the MuCEM, the Villa Méditerranée… Price : 30€ for a maximum of 2 adults and one child per ricksaw. Departure point : in front of the Tourism Office on the Canebière.
– The little touristic trains : an unusual way to explore the streets of Marseille. 3 circuits are proposed :
- The Little train of the Bonne Mère: departure at the 176 Quai du Vieux Port near of the city hall. A 1h30 guided tour through the Vieux Port, the Kennedy Corniche and Notre Dame de la Garde. Full price 7€, reduced rate 4€.
- The Little train of the Old Marseille: departure at the 176 Quai du Port. The guided tour lasts 1h05 and passes by the Panier, the older neighborhood of Marseille. Full price 6€, reduced rate 3€.
- The Little train of the Frioul Island: departure from the Frioul Port to the Caroline Hospital. It only works in July and August . Full price 4€, reduced rate 2€.
– Marseille Big Tour : on a double deck bus, enjoy a 16km circuit across the most beautiful neighborhoods of Marseille during 1h30 with 13 stops along the ride to visit the places you are interested in. Onboard, you will get individual headphones to listen to the interesting comments about the town and monuments. Departure on the Vieux Portat 10h15, 11h00, 11h45, 12h30, 13h15, 14h45, 15h30, 16h15 and 17h00. Full price : 18€, reduced rate 8€.
– Marseille by bike with the Velib : with the Velib, you can rent a bike for a very low price. The bikes are parked in different points of the city and you can easily get one and return it a few minuts or hours later. 1€ for a 7-day rental how cheaper could it get ?
– Marseille’s maritime shuttle : if you want to escape the tumult of the city, jump aboard the Marseille maritime shuttle, boat making the connection between the Vieux Port and the Pointe Rouge or the Vieux Port and the Estaque village for only 3€. The shuttle is opened from 7h to 22h from the 15th of May to the 15th of September. The perfect way to enjoy great views on Marseille’s coast and to avoid traffic jams.